Are you our next pastry chef? We're looking for an experienced chef de partie to join our team at at Messina HQ / Rosebery production facility.
If you've had experience as an entry/mid level chef with excellent communication skills, and want to be a part of a fast paced and hard working team... this is your way into the Messina family!
We're looking for someone who is passionate about being a part of a strong network of pastry chefs, to produce intricate and detailed gelato cakes, monoportions (mini cakes), baked additions and sauces that go into our gelato.
So what's the official duties and responsibilities?
- Prepare small scale production schedules
- Following the Messina training methods and procedures to produce intricate patisserie and cake work
- Direct and mentor section members under your supervisor
- Ensure that all quality control measures are followed. Complete and maintain relevant paper work
- Conduct and prepare stocktake reports and ordering where necessary
Experience and Skills Required:
- Previous experience (minimum 1-2 years) working as a chef in a kitchen or production facility
- Possesses strong communication skills and is a fast learner
- Certificate III or IV in patisserie
- A fun and inspiring work environment with creative and talented people
- Free lunch everyday! Yes, Messina provides a delicious lunch every day of the week to all staff
- In depth training and the potential for progression with an amazing company
- Staff discounts + plenty of gelato!
- The hours will be Monday to Friday 7am - 4pm.